Monday, January 17, 2005

Gritchy and Franky

I'm feeling a little gritchy (grouchy + bitchy) and franky (frisky + cranky). So if you're expecting my usual cheerful self, check in later...

Anyone want to let me in on the Laundromat Code? I've always had my own Maytags; however, circumstance dictates that should I want clean clothes, I must suffer the laundromat experience. When I sit and look at the people frequenting this establishment, I wonder how on earth my clothes come out cleaner after being swished around the same receptacle as their underpants. One of life's mysteries... And to the person who wonders why bubbles erupt from the machines I use, it's just a minor outburst of OCD tendencies and the deep desire to eliminate any possible contamination of my... things - I am very well aware that I am using far too much soap thank you very much.

So this is what happens today. I decide I'll take an early shot at spring cleaning and I wash every linen in this house plus all the other clothes. When I say linens, I mean every towel, blanket, doily, curtain - 20 loads later you get the picture. I realize I am using all of the machines except one. Note, I did leave one machine empty in the event someone else might need to suffer through laundry as well. I had the best of intentions. I had to do 2 rounds of wash and dry so it would have saved time if I used the machine, but again, I thought it would be kind to leave it empty. Well, wouldn't you know more and more people came in. One guy washed but left his stuff in the machine and then another girl came in and she was just the biggest...

No point in continuing, it must be getting boring for you to read my ranting. End of the story is, man I could have bleached her socks all right. Grrrrr....

Oh well. I'm sure I'll forget all about it when I crawl into bed tonight with my Gain-Original-Scent-Bounce-Outdoor-Fresh-flannel sheets.

All alone.

Great, now I'm franky again.

Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

Love flannel sheets, they are so soft. My worst laundry mat experience was when I went in with a load of laundry and everyone, I mean everyone, was smoking. My clothes smelled like cigs for days after they were cleaned.

Thanks for giving me the hints on what the the slang meant. I'm "old" and need direction :)

Monday, January 17, 2005 10:27:00 p.m.  
Blogger Samantha said...

They're not really slang - I just have a habit of making up my own words.

Monday, January 17, 2005 10:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Samantha said...

What's this, a man asking for directions?

Monday, January 17, 2005 11:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home