Sunday, February 13, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I went home this weekend. It was great to emotionally and physically refuel. I slept like you wouldn't believe, ate plenty, drank my Dad's homemade wine, and had fun catching up. I love it when I meet people I've known almost all my life in stores and on the street. I feel like I was "missed" in my hometown. When people ask "how are you?" they expect the half hour version, not the perfunctory "fine, how are you?".
It's funny being an adult in your parents' home after you've moved out though. I find I take over the kitchen, plan the meals, and become the overall social organizer. Maybe it's because I'm the eldest daughter, or perhaps, it's just my nature. There are some weird dynamics happening too. My Dad and I have a whole secret sign language primarily aimed at finding amusement in my Mom's eccentricities; and my Mom and I speak more as friends and confidants now. I tried to explain this whole secret Land of Blog to her, but I don't know if she could really understand the role it plays in my life. It's my hortus conclusus. It's my human connection. It's my time out. It's my counselling session. It's my medium to channel explicit thoughts. It's fun!
Yep, 2 days was about enough... I missed my friends, my privacy, and my own cozy little home sweet home. Glad to be back :)

1 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

Always fun to come back home.

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home