Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Exhaustion doesn't even begin...

to describe how I'm feeling. I am so happy to be home and yet I'm afraid to wake up tomorrow morning in my bed knowing I have to face the reality I walked away from last week. Yikes. Life goes on and doesn't wait for anyone. Along with that comes so much catch-up work that I feel completely overwhelmed. I kinda wish those men in white coats would take me away for another few days.

The funeral went alright as funerals go. So much grief and sadness. My grandfather looked very peaceful and I really sensed he is OK. I wrote and read the eulogy... definitely a more difficult task when there are hundreds (and I mean hundreds!) of teary eyes looking at you for words to ease grief and to console loss. How can mere words sum up such a wonderful man? I hope and I pray I did justice.

Thank you for your supportive emails and comments. I find my "real life" friends have not really been able to handle the state of mind I have been in. They want the old Sam back and she's just not ready yet...

Help me snap out of this guys - send me stupid quizzes and jokes and ridiculous websites to escape in for but a moment in my day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Funerals are a closing point.

I am going to bed now..maybe..when I drink this last beer...when I feel like it...but I have to clean houses tommorrow....what a shilly sit am I?

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Red said...

Hey Sam,

I wish I has some magic words to make you feel better.

I know it doesn't seem much like it now, but the days will get better.

Friday, September 30, 2005 7:12:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home