Friday, September 23, 2005

Honoring a Great Man...

My grandfather passed away last night. He went peacefully and surrounded by love. I wasn't able to be there in body, but I certainly was in spirit. I phoned the hospital during the day, spoke with my grandmother and she put the phone to his ear so I could wish him peace and love. I heard some of his last breaths here on this earth...

One of my good friends, and probably one of the most "powerful" men I know (power in terms of strength of spirit), helped me last night. The words he said to me served as medicine for my grief and helped to cure the inconsolable little girl who simply weeps. He reminded me of the circle of life in which we are a part of. He explained how to say my grandfather "passed on"; he passed on his spirit and his life into all of us; his descendents who carry the infinite love he had for us.

My grandmother has asked me to write and deliver the eulogy. I am honored and scared. There will be many many many people there (think French Canadian Catholic families)... I've only been to one funeral before for my high school friend's dad. I'm not too sure what to expect. If anyone has words of wisdom to pass on, please do.

1 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

May his spirit touch all of our lives.

I agree with Brent. Speak from your heart.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home