Tuesday, September 13, 2005

O.S. Syndrome...


I'm afraid I've come down with O.S. Sydrome - Ostrich Syndrome. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed today and I just want to crawl in my flannel sheets under my down duvet and shut down. I took the morning off to get some errands done that could only be done during business hours. Yikes. Everything seemed like such an ordeal; for every little inch of ground I covered, I felt I had to scrap, scratch, and snarl. The scary thing about it is that I can smile so sweetly in between episodes and have someone so dazed and confused, either they're calling a psyc ward on me, or they just go ahead and give me what I want. The morning ended with a parking ticket due to a faulty meter... ever seen a lioness calmly snap a head off an antelope in a single bite? I guess the Lady Antelope shouldn't have questionned my integrity by doubting if the meter was actually broken... I wish I wasn't so scrappy sometimes. I wish I could say "whatever" to more situations... my brother does that really well. Hardly anything ruffles his feathers. I guess the French Canadian fire didn't get to him as bad. It's so early in the night - what do I do? Do I get 3 or 4 hours of work in now, or go to bed and wake up around 3am. Doesn't that sound retarded - wake up at 3am?!?! Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

What a lovely blog this one is...musings on daily life. I look forward to more

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Probably too late, but .... Make a list, take a break, and hit it hard in the morning with an action plan.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home