Monday, August 29, 2005

Home again, home again...

I was gone again and I'm finally back home... well for another few days anyways. This month has been good for my wanderlust. It was my brother's wedding last weekend and it was just so beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen two people so perfect for eachother. They wrote their own vows and had the whole place in tears. They just so sincerely expressed their love and devotion and commitment to each other. It was simply beautiful and insipiring for perhaps a somewhat cynical girl like myself. Marriage isn't for me right now, but when I'm ready, I only hope to have what they have found in eachother.

It was great to see my family, my cousins are all growing up and we are getting to know each other again. Despite failing health, my grandparents both made the trip down and I know this meant the world to my brother. Some of my relatives had me scratching my head wondering how we came from the same gene pool... and that's all I'll say about that. I was very successful at using my "inside voice" (meaning the voice inside my head) - except once or twice. Glad to see a smile and a giggle can still let me get away with some mischief.

I'm sitting here sipping my drink (mmmm Bailey's Irish Cream) wondering how I'm going to find the energy to move full force ahead tomorrow. I'm back at work with tons of planning, organizing, and research to do... Then there's this crazy mess from living out of suitcases for the past month. I have 4 new toothbrushes because I keep forgetting to pack mine and have to pick one up where ever I go. My fridge is empty because I didn't stop at the grocery store on the way into town. I go right snakey when I don't have fresh fruits and veggies and food in the fridge. I've had empty cupboards before and I just can't stand an empty fridge. That's first on the list for tomorrow - grocery store.

I feel like I'm embarking on a new year. Ever get the sense that this is it, time to get my shtuff together and get in a routine and get on track and get a life and get healthier and get organized and and and and and? Yikes, better pour another... You know, I really love the smell of my place - I use a natural lavender spray, I miss the smell of my home... Anyways, where was I? Oh yah, I was just about to freak out. I'll be surprised if anyone is still reading this at this point. I've been around so many people and "on" for so long, that it's just so nice to sit quietly with my thoughts... and my drink. :)

I should probably end this post before y'all think I'm a loony case. It's just so good to be back to my little island in the Land of Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home