Thursday, January 20, 2005

Curiosity and the Cat

I'm still thinking about a post on Becky's Blog... meeeeeowww. This whole situation of cybersex, cheating, IM (thanks for enlightening me Becky :), blogging - and human relationships.
How many of you are single? How many think this is a viable means of finding a mate? How many are using this to seek out "relationships"; and if so, what do you expect from these "relationships"?
I don't know... for those of you who responded that there is a difference between interacting in person, whether it be sexual or not, versus via the computer, I'd have to disagree. I really don't see a difference. I value and appreciate the comments I receive. The very fact that I, personally, place a sense of value on this, denotes that there is a level of emotion involved.
I don't think people would blog if they weren't seeking a response and a response from a complete stranger would be better than none at all. It's something about human nature to seek attention and acknowledgement. Computer communication becomes problematic when the meaning you attach to whether or not you get a response affects behavior.
What happens when someone's words actually begin to mean something to you? What do you do with that? How has blogging affected your life?
From a girl who has worked hard on being single and unavailable for a couple of years, I thought blogging would be a safe way to be remain emotionally unattached but I really don't know if that is possible...

It's now later on in the day...
Man, if you made it this far, I'm impressed. This is the philosophical, introspective, and sometimes annoying side of me. Always "why" this "why" that. I just picked up Mondavi to hang out with tonight, we're going back to 2001, wish it were 1997, but it'll do. There's nothing like Cabernet Sauvignon to soothe my French soul.

4 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

Such a great post deserves a great comment, but I am all out of words. I will say that I believe that every individual who is communciating with strangers is in search for something. The trick is that the "something" is not always obvious.

BTW -- Jim Bean and I are toasting you and your Cabernet.

Thursday, January 20, 2005 9:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kat said...

"falls over laughing"
...
"ahem"
sorry..
it's just that...
hmm..
"shrugs"
maybe it's just me, but online, you don't KNOW what the person looks like..
so when you talk to them, you pay attention to the WORDS more...
unless you talking to a friend..
but even then, you dont know what facial features they got on...
so you gouge out reactions yourself...

"shrugs"
i blog for a boredom reliever...
i'll probably slow it down when school starts
"sighs"
pity it is though..
you really MEET people here...
"grins"
but that's just me...
hehe

Friday, January 21, 2005 2:17:00 a.m.  
Blogger Samantha said...

Thanks for sticking with my long analytical post guys! I think what is equally important as whether or not you deceive others, is whether or not we are deceiving ourselves. I don't really know anyone who blogs/IMs/chats - or at least it's not something I've shared with many people. So post-by-post, I'm forming new opinions and forcing to define for myself, what this is all about.
Thanks for being cool people and being patient while I go through this process!

Friday, January 21, 2005 12:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger MoonEyedGirl said...

I believe the blogging community has certainly changed the way people connect, and somehow made those far-reaching distances between people throughout the world much smaller. The give and take of the communication is to me just like having a big dinner party where there's a large group of people that are chatting by an open fire. Same thing, just virtual. I personally have developed some great pen pals from my blog, as well as even met a few offline. Some of the best people! By the way, I like your analytical post.

Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:00:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home