Saturday, April 16, 2005

X

What is it about ex's? When you've gotten to that point when you think you've healed and conquered fears and moved on. Then the phone call. Just when I was almost at the point of disregarding the awful stuff I've kept stored in my vault for so many years to the point of remembering with fondness the good stuff and the lessons I've learned.

He just has to open his mouth, long enough for him to utter prehistoric guttural noises; I can envision his King-Kong stance, his neanderthalic glare, and that little bit of drool which escapes from the corner of his mouth... and that's me being polite. There's a reason I have caller ID, and it's usually to spare myself moments like this when I would really love to share exactly what is on my mind but don't want the karmic debt.

Oh well, I'll get over it. I always do. I have a birthday function to get dolled-up for and a perhaps a beverage... or perhaps two...

2 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

Caller ID is gooood. When destiny calls, you can drop all of your life's worries and answer the phone. Otherwise, let the "machine" answer. If it is important, they will call back.

Sorry to hear that your X opened his mouth. I swear sometimes that a "gag" order should be mandatory in all divorce decrees.

Saturday, April 16, 2005 11:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Red said...

Caller ID rocks. So does handing the phone to a friend who can lie well. (Or if your friend won't think your nuts, just moan while your attempting to talk, you know....like your having sex and talking on the phone.) Yes...weird. Yes....ex's suck. I have a lotta Vodka and a dart board. Come on over and we'll have some drinks and throw darts at pictures of evil men!

Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home