Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Voices

I followed that "little voice in my head" today. The funny thing about following your intuition is that you just never really know if you made the right decision. You just carry on hoping that you've made the right choice.

I really think there's more to instincts than we give credit to. Of course there's "those" kind of instincts which can be a lot of fun. These instincts can be best brought out in me with Jack Daniels and Coke...

Then there are the more profound instinctual tendencies which make you reach for the phone before it rings or the days you take a different way to the grocery store only to find out there was a major car wreck on your normal route. Again, it's that voice in your head...

What I wish I could put on mute are all of the little things I say to myself in a day. These statements usually start with: "I should have blah blah blah". I was just told by one of my supervisors that I was too hard on myself. I've even been accused of being a chronic over-achiever. Gasp.

There's such a fine line between ambition and determination and abuse and deterioration. It's a tight rope really. I guess it's only fitting considering my life is such a circus to begin with. I just wish there were more half naked (heterosexual)men in skimpy outfits around. For now, I'll have to settle with being the elephant pooper-scooper. How glamorous is that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Well the voices in my head are already telling me which wine to drink tonight!

;->

Friday, April 08, 2005 9:35:00 a.m.  
Blogger Kat said...

voices are said to be a sign of insanity...
though i like my voices
eheh
they stop me from doing stupid things..
and they tell me what to write
ie. in my stories
ehhee

Saturday, April 09, 2005 9:58:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home