Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thanks


Things are getting better... thanks for the support. I'm trying to move on and move forward. I spent the day yesterday trying to get my place back in order. I have travelled so much the last 2 months, I haven't had my suitcase unpacked for more than a couple of weeks. The scary thing is that I'm gone again in a couple of weeks for a conference. This has been such a busy time in life. I'm kind of looking forward to winter and those warm cozy weekends with movies and Bailey's at home...

Other updates in my life... I tried the whole on-line dating thing. I took my profile off today. Man, what a trip that was. I went on 2 dates and I'm done for. Very nice men, nice looking, kind, got their life together - what could be wrong? Well, the first guy, somehow within 5 days, was starting to plan what kind of house we would live in and what kind of vehicle we could get together... Way too warp speed for me. I put the red light on that one but I'm really glad we're still able to talk and to chat. I don't know how things got carried away so far so fast, and I hope I can figure it out one day. The next guy, well, the chemistry is certainly there, I just can't see him fitting into my life in any sort of a long-term situation. Did I mention the chemistry and spark was there? Here's the dilemna: how do I find the middle road between these 2 extremes? I want someone where there is potential for long-term, but no rush, and where there is the chemistry and the emotional connection. To be honest, I am tempted to just go with the chemistry guy and shamelessly use him to my heart's content - but I don't know if I can be that kind of person. There's always a catch...

Here's my conclusion of the day: it shouldn't be so much work. As great as it is to have that sort of attention and interest, I guess it's just one more thing I don't want to deal with on a daily basis. I'm scared I'm going to be single forever... Sigh...

1 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

Nice double rainbow.

I would love to comment on the whole dating thing, but who am I to say anything. I hope you find what you need at the speed you need it. Too bad you don't live in KC :)

Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home