Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Cheers

I finally had an evening where I didn't have a deadline for the next day. Even though I am terribly sleep deprived, I wanted to watch a movie or do something, anything but work.

I watched Hotel Rhwanda. I'm sitting here now toasting all of you who read this as I drink water from my tap. The last few days, I've been contemplating all of the things I want to accomplish; my goals, my dreams, my desires. I've been tired and feeling so worn out. In fact, I started feeling sorry for myself for all of the things I've had to struggle with in my life. I sit here, humbled. All this time, I've been thinking of the "to do's" and I haven't given enough time and energy to appreciate "ability". I'm ashamed to think that I've had it rough. That I've "struggled". How quickly I've forgotten history's lessons and how I've ignored the teachings that are in front of me.

I locked my door and gave a moment to appreciate the sense of security I felt when I turned the knob and clicked the deadbolt. I thought of my family who is more than likely all sound asleep under warm blankets and quiet skies. I think of my day tomorrow and see it with endless possibilities and most important, filled with ability to do as I choose. I swallow cold clean water and I toast "the powers that be" which have allowed me to be born in this time and place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Makes you think doesn't it?

Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:06:00 a.m.  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

I like to remind myself that "It's all relative". The trick is to place life in perspective. Tough trick, by the way.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home