Friday, January 28, 2005

Capt. Sam's Blog Date: Week Two

Has it only been 2 weeks!?! I wish I knew how to enter pictures and then you could see my face right now. In just 2 weeks, I have been so many "places"... I had to take a step away the last couple of days, partly because of real life obligations, but partly because I was a little overwhelmed.
Things I noticed this week... friendships that start on-line progress much faster than in person. I think this is because we are forced to be succinct with our words and quick with our responses. The only elements of danger that we must contend with concern our own personal demons, fears, regrets, and insecurities. There is control to edit a post, delete a comment, or block a sender. What this does, is it opens the paths of communication so that honesty and vulnerability can exist along side with hope and curiosity.
The Land of Blog is a place where there is an addictive adventurous quest of what's on other people's minds, there are voyeuristic ventures into forbidden places and then there is the allure of the Sirens of the Site Meter.
I'm glad I'm not living in that time-consuming world anymore, because anonymous interactions cannot replace the joy, passion, and elation of true human connections.
Don't get me wrong, I still plan to visit... just daily, not hourly.

1 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

You can stalk me anytime! I truly believe in your assessment of online relationships. Amazingly fast. I'm jealous of your "true human" connections, I hope they pan out. If they do not, then come back to stalking me :)

Friday, January 28, 2005 9:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home