Saturday, February 26, 2005

Capt. Sam's Blog Date: Week Five

I find an interesting transition going on in my blog. Where I used to write keeping an "audience" in mind, I find I'm moving more into a journal approach. However; is this the chicken and the egg - is it because not many people read my blog that I'm doing this, or is it more of an introspective phase?

I mentioned the keynote speaker in my last post. She also talked about a gratitude journal; I am to write down at least 3 things I am grateful for each day. I've started so many journals over the years. Then I hide them away so no one else can find them... and then I have to start a new journal. I am very good at hiding. I'm going to try to blog these three things every day. It will mean revealing more aspects of my life, but I think I am getting more comfortable with blogging to be able to do this.

Over the last week, I've also found value in just typing and writing. There's always the fear of the blank white page, but sometimes a scribble can turn into a masterpiece.

1 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

So, if I read this right, the three things you are grateful today is (1) yourself with the introspective phase, (2) the ability of commericalism to produce additional journals to keep up with your hide and seek demand, and (3) finger exercises.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 7:59:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home