Friday, November 18, 2005

If my eyes are sleeping, why am I still typing?

I should have been in bed long ago. I actually watched TV tonight. I should consider making a habit out of it, a least a couple times a week anyways. I put my feet up, had a "beverage", and actually thought about nothing pertinent to my life. A vacation really. Yah, that's what I'll tell myself...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, the woes that are out there. I have my single friends crying because they can't find a man and my friends in relationships crying because their man simply does not appreciate them (capital offense gentlemen) - isn't anyone happy out there?

I always think of Thelma and Louise: "You get what you settle for". Very simple, very profound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is how I see it. "Getting" a man isn't as difficult as finding a man who "gets" you - someone who passes you the pepper before you ask for it, someone who knows when to listen and when to fill in the silence, someone who intentionally seeks and chooses to do the little things, which we know, mean so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whenever I'm negotiating with someone, I have a phrase I use. It's like stomping my foot while wearing my glass slipper; I use this line when I must be cautious and respectful of nature (the laws of nature which dictate the fragility of glass, and the nature of my, let's say... determination) Anyways, here it is: "I insist." Use with caution, and say it, only when you mean it. Works best with one raised eyebrow and long eyelashes. ;)


~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, the day starts in 4 hours... I'm looking forward to this day ending.
I wish my friends a sense of peace and empowerment.
~~~~~~~~~~~
XOXO

2 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Those long late nights of medatitive repose that one finds oneself in can really mess with the mind when it is trying to unwind so that you can fall asleep.

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:27:00 a.m.  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Taking applications, huh?

Saturday, November 19, 2005 7:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home