Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hmmm...

No matter where you go, there you are.

Love that saying. It's helped me today immensely. I create my own reality. I can't control what happens to me in my life, only how I react and feel about it. Don't think, just do. The power of positive thinking. And so it goes. Trite? Perhaps. Cliche? So.

I've been to more than one "motivational speaker" and listened to more than one of the tapes put out by today's "gurus". There really is something to it. It's just easy to forget once and a while. I didn't get this far in this lifetime on my charm and my smile. Yes, I admit, that maybe got me a few perks along the way.... but really, attitude is everything. No, I am not drunk. I just took a look at myself 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 14 years ago... I guess I concluded that I am a survivor, and I will continue to live beyond merely surviving.

Can you tell it's almost time for me to be a year older? I always get reflective around this time of year. Somehow I just always forget I go through this... My birthday is a real goal setting time for me. I set the mark pretty high. I've been so focused on career the last 5 years and now that I'm almost exactly where I want to be in that department, I'm forced to consider other areas of my life I've been neglecting. Look out dumbells - and no, I don't mean men. I mean weights and stairmasters and treadmills and laps at the pool. I want to see my triceps again. I want those quadriceps defined again. I've got a few weeks to think about it, but I think that's where this year's goals are headed...

1 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

"Surviver" hell, it seems to me "Conqueror" is the right term, with a list of asses kicked growing longer.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home