Sunday, December 04, 2005


I am officially one year older today. I have earned every one of my 34 years. I often feel like I'm 34 going on 54 and still feel like I'm 24. My birthday has always been a time for setting goals. Like I've said before, this year is about health and wellness. I stepped on the scale first thing this morning, I looked in my cupboards, I took a good look at me in the mirror, and I took some time to really think about what I want to see vs. what I was looking at. I can see some definite areas I want to work on. Just like I found turning 29 way more stressful than 30, I feel the pressure is on more for turning 34 than 35. It's a preparation year so that when I turn 35, I'm where I want to be. I can remember turning 30 and just feeling so excited that everything I had set out to do, I had accomplished. I want to feel that same way 365 days from now.

I think this is the first year I don't go out for my birthday. It's a quiet weekend at home and I'm OK with that. It was great to wake up this morning and not be hung over. There will be time to celebrate over the holidays, maybe. I'm returning the sexy sheer black top I bought to go out with and I'm going to get something more practical for work. Sheesh, I am getting older...

I'm going out for breakfast this morning with three of my closest "girls". I'm going to order my all time favorite: eggs benedict. Then, believe it or not, I have work-work to do. When all is said and done for this day, I'm going to pour myself a glass of the fine wine I bought myself for this day and I'm going toast my first day of being 34 and you my friends.

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Well I am a little late, but happy B day

Monday, December 05, 2005 10:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger mELLISsa said...

Happy Birthday :-D

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Late too, but happy belated birthday :) I am sure that you can do anything you put your mind too.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home